Baked Tortilla Chips
This recipe is for the BM#49 Week 1 under the theme ‘Accompaniments’
Tortilla chips are the popular accompaniments in most of the Mexican restaurants and usually served with dips such as salsa or guacamole. For Today’s recipe, I baked the chips and served with homemade guacamole.
Ingredients ( For Chips )
Whole wheat tortillas – 3 to 4 medium size
Olive oil – for brushing
Method ( Tortilla Chips)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Cut each tortilla into small triangle shaped wedges and arrange them in cookie sheet
3) Brush the chips with olive oil
4) Bake them for about 7- 8 mins or until they start little browning,
Serve it warm with salsa or guacamole.
Note : I did not season it with any salt or other spices like chilli powder. If you are seasoning the chips , you can avoid the dip. Below is the recipe for guacamole.
Avocado – 2 ripe ones
Onions – ¼ cup nicely chopped
Tomatoes – ¼ cup nicely chopped
Salt – as needed
Pepper – as needed
Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
Coriander leaves – little
Jalapeno or Chilli – 1 (Optional, I did not add it)
1. Cut the avocadoes and remove the seed.
2. Mash avocados in a bowl leaving some chunks.
3. Gently stir in remaining ingredients and mix it.
4. Enjoy with the Chips