Saturday, August 2, 2014

Slow Cooker Paal Payasam

I made this payasam for my husband's birthday and my FIL's star birthday this year.
Paal payasam was indeed easier to make in a slow cooker. I want to put my slow cooker to use and try many recipes. Hopefully you will see them soon in my blog space.

Below is the recipe for paal payasam - slow cooker method

Ingredients
Basmati rice - 2 tbsp.
Whole milk - 4 cups
Sugar - 1/4 cup ( you can adjust and add little more/less depending on your taste )
cardamom - 1/4 tsp
cashews - chopped
ghee - 1 tsp.
raisins - few
saffron - few strands ( this is optional )

Method

1) Soak basmati rice in water for about 20 mins.
2) Then place the rice, milk , sugar and cardamom in slow cooker and keep it in high for about 1 hour.
3) Switch to low for another 2 hrs ( Keep stirring the paaysam  for every 1 hr or so..
Note :
You can adjust from high to  low when milk starts bubbling so much.
4) In a separate pan , Add ghee and roast cashew and raisins . Garnish it on the top.
5) If you are using saffron , soak it in the warm milk for 5 to 10 mins and add it to payasam.

You can serve the payasam in small bowl ( either warm or keep it in refrigerator and serve cold ) . I served it warm.


Slow Cooker Paal Payasam

6 comments:

  1. Well, it’s a nice one, I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing such informative stuff.
    Organic long grain brown rice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future.
    organic basmati white rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too.
    organic basmati brown rice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later
    how to cook basmati rice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site. Appreciate if you could leave your comments and provide your suggestions / feedback.