This is the first time I tasted mango mor kuzhambu. My DH wanted me to make this recipe as this is one usually made at his place.
Ripe Mango – 2 ( medium size )
Yoghurt – 1 .5 cups or thick butter milk
Turmeric –1/2 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Green chillies – 2
mustard seeds – 1 tsp
curry leaves – few
Asafoetida – a pinch
fenugreek – 1 tsp
rice – 1 tsp ( soak in water )
Oil ( for seasoning and little for roasting the fenugreek )
1) Wash the mangoes and chop into pieces without outer skin and seed
2) In a pan , Put the mango pieces with water , turmeric powder and little salt and cook it until tender and smash it well.
3) In the meantime , add little oil in another pan and roast the fenugreek. Take the grated coconut , green chillies chopped , fenugreek , rice in a blender and make a paste.
4) Add the paste to the mango mixture and allow it to boil for few minutes. Add salt.
5) Add the yoghurt or thick buttermilk and stir it well and remove from flame in few mins.
6) Do the seasoning with mustard along with curry leaves and asafoetida powder and add to the mor kuzambhu
You can have with white rice and paruppu usili. or you can also have with rice sevai..