Friday, June 1, 2012

Banana Strawberry Almond Bread

 

Its been a while I baked anything..I was browsing through the net for bread recipes and found a recipe from allrecipes.com. I modified the ingredients with what I had in my hand.

Ingredients

Whole Wheat flour – 2 cups

Brown Sugar – 3/4 cups

Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp

Baking Soda – 1/2  tsp

Egg – 1

Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp

Bananas –  2 mashed

Strawberries – 5 to 6 (I used the frozen )

Almonds – Silvered ( 1/2 cup ) – I crushed it to tiny pieces.

Milk – 1/4 cup ( I used 1 % organic )

Method

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix Wheat flour , Brown sugar , baking powder , baking soda in bowl . Add almonds and mix well so that it gets coated with flour. Mash the bananas , strawberries in  another bowl. Add Vegetable oil and egg and whisk together. Mix this to flour mixture and blend everything together. Grease the loaf pan and pour the batter.

Bake for 50 mins or until the knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Cool it completely and Serve.

           Banana Strawberry Almond breadphoto (2)photo (3)

1 comment:

  1. Delicious bread,yummy!!
    Thanx Suja for dropping by my bead space,I have not attended any classes..just view some designs through internet and some are my own creations..Glad that u liked it:-)

    Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
    1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)

    2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site. Appreciate if you could leave your comments and provide your suggestions / feedback.