This is for BM #49 Week 2 day 3 under the theme – Accompaniments. The spring rolls are served along with the main dish in one of Thai restaurants near by our place.
For today’ we enjoyed this as a snack with tomato sauce along with hot tea.
Pastry sheet ( I used the store bought one )
Carrot grated – 3/4 cup
Cabbage grated – 3/4 cup
Peas – 1/2 cup ( I used frozen )
Onions - 1, sliced
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Salt and pepper - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp ( optional )
Note : you can use other vegetables like capsicum , corn as well.
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for few mins
3. Next add the vegetables , sprinkle some water and cook it until soft, but crunchy.
4. Mix it well for a minute on high and salt , pepper. Remove it and allow to cool
5. Pre heat the oven to 425°F
6. Place the spring roll sheets in a plate and cover it with a moist towel to prevent from drying
7. Take one sheet at a time, Place 2tbsp of the vegetable mixture
8. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling.Fold-in both of the sides of the wrapper and continue rolling.
9. Brush some oil over the rolls and place it in baking tray.
10. Bake for about 10-12 minutes and turn them over and bake for another 5 – 8 mins until slightly brown
11. Serve hot with the sauce.