This Badam halwa is for the Indian cooking challenge for the month of November . Its been a long time I could not participate in Srivalli’s Indian Cooking challenge. I mailed her couple of days to find out if the challenge is happening and she sent me the details.. I am happy to particpate this month.
Almonds - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Cardamom powder - a pinch
1) Soak the almonds overnight ( I soaked it more than 24 hrs as I could not start making as planned )
2) Wash and Peel the skin of almonds
3) Make the past by adding required milk
4) Heat the non stick pan with ghee and add the almond paste
5) Keep the flame low and stir until you get a nice pink color. It would take about 10 mins.
6) Slowly add water and make it to halwa consistency.
7) Add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Keep stirring well until the ghee floats up.