Sunday, July 21, 2013

Orange Cornmeal Cake

 

We had our baby #2 last month and life is so busy and crazy. My daughter wants me to bake a cake for a long time and I did not get time for that.

My daughter said she would help  to mix the batter and add all ingredients, so made this for her..

I baked the cake without egg so that my parents can also have it.

Next time , I promised her that I would make the rainbow cake.

Original recipe source : eatgood4life.

Ingredients

Whole wheat flour - 3/4 cup

Cornmeal – 1 cup

Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup

Baking powder – 3 tsp.

Orange Juice – 1/2 cup

Olive oil – 1/2 cup

Zest of 1 Orange

Frozen corn – 1/4 cup.

white sugar – 1/3 cup for topping

Method

Preheat the oven at 350°F , Grease the baking pan with olive oil. In a large bowl , Mix all the wet ingredients gently. Add dry ingredients and whisk all together. 

Pour the batter into the pan , Sprinkle white sugar on the top and bake for at least  30 – 35 mins or toothpick inserted comes out clean,

Cool in pan for 20 mins ; Cut and serve the cake.

DSC_0296DSC_0300DSC_0307

3 comments:

  1. Hey congrats.. didn't know about advaitha.. how is she doing.. also the big sis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fine krithi.. life is so busy with 2 kids and work,, no time to blog at all

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site. Appreciate if you could leave your comments and provide your suggestions / feedback.