Pudina Thuvayal is a most common one at my home. It goes well with rice and if it is made in a chutney consistency , it goes well with idly and dosas as well.
Pudina leaves – 2 bunch
coconut (shredded ) – 1/4 cup ( optional )
Red chillies - 5 ( long ones )
urad dhal - 2 tbsp.
Tamarind – small lemon size
Asafoetida - small pinch
Salt - as per taste.
Oil – 1 tbsp
1) Clean and Wash the Pudina leaves.
2) Heat oil in the pan , Add Urad dhal , Red chillies and Asafoetida. Fry until the urad dhal turn brown.
3) Remove it from the pan and Saute the pudina leaves in the same pan.
4) Allow it to cool. Grind the Urad dhal , Red chillies , Asafoetida along with tamarind and salt in a blender first.
5) Then add pudina leaves and coconut along with little water and grind it.
This goes well with hot rice , ghee or sesame oil with papad.