I prepared Morkuzambhu and potato box curry for lunch today. Few weeks back I made mango morkuzambhu. For Today’s recipe , I used Lady’s finger ( Vendaikkai ) and the ingredients used is different.
This is a simple and delicious recipe that goes well with steaming rice and hot spicy curry.
Okra or Vendaikkai ( Lady’s Finger ) – 6 to 7 ( Medium )
Coriander seeds - 3/4 tbsp..
Toor Dhal - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
Rice - 1 tbsp
Yoghurt or thick butter milk – 2 cups
Coconut - 3/4 cup ( shredded)
Red chillies (whole ) – 2
Green chilies – 2
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
1) Soak Toor dhal , Coriander seeds , Cumin seeds , Rice in water for 10 – 15 mins
2) In the mean time , take the yoghurt or thick butter milk in a wide bowl and whisk ( use a whisker or matthu ) until it is creamy. Add turmeric powder , salt and mix it well. Keep it aside.
3) Wash and dry pat the lady’s finger and cut into small pieces. Take a pan and fry the lady’s finger in the oil until it is well cooked and crispier
4) Take the Coconut , green chillies , red chill's along with soaked ingredients and grind it to a smooth paste.Add it to the yoghurt mix.
5) Add the fried lady’s finger to the mix. Keep the mor kuzambhu in a low flame until a froth comes up ( it should not boil as the yoghurt will curdle )
6) Do the seasoning with mustard seeds and curry leaves.